A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one’s neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.
Anything you want in love you should have. If you want someone to send you flowers just because it’s Tuesday, you should have that. If you want someone to write you love letters, you should have that. If you want someone who looks at you like the sun rises and sets because of you, you should have that. In life, we often have to settle for “okay” or “good enough”, love should not be one of those things.
1. Spoiler alert: Your friends will walk away whilst you’re on fire just to save their own skin from being scorched.
2. Spoiler alert: Your first love will leave you for your best friend.
3. Spoiler alert: Your best friend will act like they’ve done nothing wrong and make you feel like you’re the one in the wrong.
4. Spoiler alert: You’ll fall for it, but not forever.
5. Spoiler alert: The boy that only talks to you when intoxicated is using you for your body.
6. Spoiler alert: Anything you post on the internet can -and will - come back to bite you.
7. Spoiler alert: Age gaps make things difficult.
8. Spoiler alert: Parents aren’t always the angels in human form like you’ve been led to believe.
9. Spoiler alert: People get sick - and die. Daily.
10. Spoiler alert: There will always be someone better than you.
11. Spoiler alert: People lie constantly.
12. Spoiler alert: Those things you promised to your group of friends in grade six that you’d never do, you will do.
13. Spoiler alert: No one is ever as they seem.
14. Spoiler alert: At one point, you’ll convince yourself that alcohol will burn his name out of your throat.
15. Spoiler alert: It won’t. It’ll just make it hurt more.
16. Spoiler alert: Friends with benefits always, always, always leaves someone fucked up mentally.
17. Spoiler alert: Not everyone cares about your opinion.
18. Spoiler alert: How the world defines you should not alter how you see yourself.
19. Spoiler alert: Never deny yourself of the things in life that make you happy.
20. Spoiler alert: You’ll make a million mistakes and just when you think you understand, you’ll make a million more. But so will everybody else.
21. Spoiler alert: Life is full of spoiler alerts; I just prewarned you about some.